Baked Bacon Mac & Cheese
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Old-fashioned, home-baked goodness with a crispy breadcrumb top for all you nostalgic bunnies.
- 2 boxes Annie’s Organic Shells & White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (reserved)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Prepare Annie’s Organic Shells & White Cheddar Mac & Cheese according to directions and stop once the shells are drained.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon melted butter with the breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Mix powdered cheese packets, milk, 1/4 cup butter, Monterey Jack Cheese and bacon together in a saucepan.
- Add the cooked shells to the saucepan and stir.
- Pour shells mixture into a small, shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top.
- Broil in the oven on low for 10 minutes or until the breadcrumb topping is dry and lightly browned.