BLT Cheesy Rice Bowls
10 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
390 Calories per Serving
This BLT-inspired cheesy rice comes to life when fresh spinach and chopped bacon is stirred into Annie’s™ Grilled Cheese Cheesy Rice. Topping with fresh tomato, crunchy croutons and additional bacon makes this one an easy weeknight dinner win!
- 1 box (6.6 oz) Annie’s™ Grilled Cheese Cheesy Rice
- Water and unsalted butter called for on box
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup cooked coarsely chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup croutons
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to boiling over medium-high heat; stir in rice. Return to boiling; stir and cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 16 to 18 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in seasoning.
- Stir in spinach and 1/2 cup of the bacon, until spinach starts to wilt and mixture is heated through.
- To serve, divide into bowls; top with remaining 1/4 cup bacon, the tomato and croutons.
- This recipe also works with Annie’s™ White Cheddar Cheesy Rice.
- We like to play up the “toast” in the BLT by topping with crunchy, buttery croutons.