Mini Cheeseballs with Bunnies
These colorful mini cheeseballs are the perfect size for little hands—and they’re tasty, too! Served over a bed of lettuce with Annie’s™ Organic Cheddar Bunnies™ Baked Snack Crackers, they’re an easy, cheesy addition to your colorful Easter brunch spread.
- 2 packages 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, if desired
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 6 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 2 cups Annie's™ Organic Cheddar Bunnies Baked Crackers
- Place cheeses in large bowl; let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes or until softened. Beat onions and Worcestershire sauce into cheeses with electric mixer on low speed until mixed. Beat on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl frequently, until fluffy.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; drop cheese into 24 balls, about 2 tablespoons each, onto pan. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 8 hours until firm enough to shape into balls.
- Spread lettuce on serving plate. Place bacon and bagel seasoning in individual small shallow bowls or pie plates. Roll cheese into balls; coat half of the mini cheeseballs in bacon and half in bagel seasoning. Place mini cheeseballs on top of lettuce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with snack crackers.
- Instead of making smaller cheeseballs, you can shape the cheese mixture into one large ball or egg shape and roll it in 1/3 cup of crushed baked snack crackers. You will need to start with about 1/2 cup of baked snack crackers to get to 1/3 cup when crushed.
- Switch up the flavor of these mini cheeseballs with a variety of different coatings. Crushed baked snack crackers and chopped flat-leaf parsley are great options.
- If desired, save time on prep by purchasing pre-cooked bacon.
1 Mini Cheeseball and 4 Teaspoons Snack Crackers) Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 0%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 0.5