Vegan Fajita Rice Bowls
20 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
390 Calories per Serving
This fajita-inspired bowl starts with Annie’s™ Aged Cheddar Vegan Cheesy Rice as a base and is topped with a sautéed onion and bell pepper mixture, salsa and fresh avocado. Delicious as is, these bowls also are easily customizable with additional fresh toppings, like tomato and cilantro.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup bite-size red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup bite-size onion strips
- 1 box (6.6 oz) Annie’s™ Aged Cheddar Vegan Cheesy Rice
- Water and buttery spread called for on box
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 medium avocado, chopped
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and starting to brown. Remove pepper and onion mixture from saucepan; keep warm.
- In same saucepan, heat water and buttery spread to boiling over medium-high heat; stir in rice. Return to boiling; stir and cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 13 minutes. Stir in frozen corn. Cover and continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in seasoning.
- Divide into bowls. Top with onion and bell pepper mixture, salsa and chopped avocado.
- Add all your fresh toppings to individual bowls, and let your kids have fun adding their own toppings, as they wish!
- Feel free to use all red bell pepper in place of the onion. You may decide to top with freshly sliced green onion instead.