Spinach and Tomato Shells & Cheese
Bring fresh flavors to a classic favorite with this easy spinach and tomato macaroni & cheese! Filled with spinach, cherry tomatoes and cheesy macaroni shells pasta, this dish elevates your typical mac & cheese in a big way. It’s also the perfect way to sneak some veggies in!
- 2 boxes Annie's™ Organic Shells & White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into tablespoons
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 2 quarts water to boiling. Add pasta (from both boxes); return to boiling. Cook 9 to 11 minutes, stirring frequently, to desired doneness; drain and return to pan. Stir in milk, butter and cheese packages (from both boxes).
- Stir in spinach, tomatoes and salt; stir until greens wilt slightly.
- Cooking Vegetarian?: Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Before adding spinach to your pasta, remove any long stems to ensure the best texture and presentation.
- If desired, you can substitute baby arugula for the spinach.
- Want to add even more veggies? Try topping your mac & cheese with diced avocado and thinly sliced red onion.
About 1 Cup Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 680mg; Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 6g); Protein 10g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 15%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3