Pepperoni Pizza Cheesy Rice Bowls
10 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
420 Calories per Serving
Kids will love this pepperoni pizza-inspired Annie’s™ Pizza Cheesy Rice. Stir in some shredded mozzarella cheese and chopped pepperoni, and finish with pizza sauce and additional pepperoni and cheese.
- 1 box (6.6 oz) Annie’s™ Pizza Cheesy Rice
- Water and unsalted butter called for on box
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni slices or mini pepperoni slices
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to boiling over medium-high heat; stir in rice. Return to boiling; stir and cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 16 to 18 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in seasoning.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese and 1/4 cup of the pepperoni until mixed well. Divide into bowls; drizzle with pizza sauce, and top with remaining cheese and pepperoni.
- These rice bowls are great garnished with chopped fresh basil.
- Turkey pepperoni or Canadian bacon can be substituted for the regular pepperoni in this recipe.