Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
510 Calories per Serving
Looking for a one-pan weeknight dinner recipe that the whole family will love? This gooey, hearty Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese is your best bet. Everyone can customize a bowl with their favorite burger toppings—and you’ve got a cheesy, beefy one-pan macaroni meal that comes together in just 30 minutes!
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 3 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 boxes Annie’s™ Shells & Real Aged Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Annie's™ Organic Cheddar Bunnies Baked Crackers, if desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Add water and butter to beef in skillet; heat to boiling over high heat. Add pasta (from both boxes), and return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir cheese packages (from both boxes), milk and salt into mixture in skillet; return to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese and tomatoes. Top or serve with crackers.
- Want to make this Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese your own? Try adding your favorite burger toppings, like sweet pickle relish, yellow mustard, diced onion, crumbled cooked bacon and sesame seeds.
- If desired, you can substitute your favorite shredded cheese for the cheddar. Shredded cheeses that melt best include Swiss, Colby-Monterey Jack blend and provolone and mozzarella blend.
- If desired, you can substitute ground turkey, pork or plant-based blend for the beef in this Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese.
About 1 Cup Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 750mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g); Protein 26g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 30%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3