Mac and Cheese Jack-o’-Lantern Cups
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Total time: 55 Minutes
Calories per Serving: 200
These jack-o’-lantern cups are equal parts adorable and delicious. Serve as part of a meal or as a hearty Halloween snack!
- 1 box (6 oz) Annie's Macaroni & Cheese Classic Cheddar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 8 pepperoni slices, cut into shapes
- 8 small green bell pepper strips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 8 regular-size muffin cups with foil muffin liners; spray bottoms and sides with cooking spray.
- Prepare mac & cheese according to package directions, then stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each). Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes. Before serving, decorate as desired using pepperoni and bell pepper strips to create jack-o'-lantern faces!
- Cut pepperoni pieces and bell pepper stems when macaroni and cheese cups are baking so they are ready to assemble when they are done baking!
- Be creative with your pumpkin faces! Kitchen scissors works great for cutting the jack-o'-lantern pepperoni mouths, eyes and noses. Reserve any remaining pepperoni for another use, or serve with your macaroni & cheese cups.
- We use the foil muffin liners to help keep pasta from sticking to the sides. They’re easy to remove when ready to serve. They can be found in the baking aisle of the grocery store.