Chicken-Bacon Shells & Cheese
Need an easy, delicious and kid-friendly way to use up leftover cooked bacon and rotisserie chicken? This simple one-pot recipe for Chicken-Bacon Shells & Cheese has you covered! It’s a yummy, low-prep dinner that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. And the best part? Your chicken-bacon macaroni & cheese meal is ready to serve in just 40 minutes.
- 2 boxes Annie's™ Organic Shells & White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- Sliced green onions, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups Annie's™ Organic White Cheddar Bunnies Baked Crackers, if desired
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 2 quarts water to boiling. Add pasta (from both boxes), and return to boiling. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, then stir in frozen vegetables and return to boiling. Continue to cook 2 to 4 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until pasta and vegetables are cooked to desired doneness; drain and return to pan.
- Stir chicken, milk, butter, salt and cheese packages (from both boxes) into pasta in pan; cook over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Top with bacon, green onions and snack crackers.
- We used a frozen mixed vegetable blend of peas, carrots, corn kernels and cut green beans, but any frozen medley of small mixed vegetables will work. If vegetables are larger, increase cooking time to make sure they cook through.
- We used rotisserie chicken to make our Chicken-Bacon Shells & Cheese, but any cooked chicken or turkey will work.
- If desired, save time on prep by purchasing pre-cooked bacon.
About 1 Cup Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 780mg; Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g); Protein 18g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 45%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 3 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3