Broccoli-Chicken Shells & Cheese
Looking for a quick, easy and kid-friendly meal? This one-pot macaroni & cheese with chicken and broccoli can’t be beat! Using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge, this pasta dish is hot and ready to serve in just 35 minutes. Getting your veggies in has never been easier!
- 2 boxes Annie's™ Organic Shells & White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Annie's™ Organic White Cheddar Bunnies Baked Crackers, if desired
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 2 quarts water to boiling. Add pasta (from both boxes); return to boiling. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli; return to boiling. Cook 4 to 6 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until pasta and broccoli are cooked to desired doneness; drain and return to pan.
- Stir chicken, milk, butter, salt and cheese packages (from both boxes) into pasta in pan; cook over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Top with crackers.
- If your broccoli florets are large, cut them in half.
- We used rotisserie chicken, but you can use any cooked chicken or turkey to make this chicken and broccoli mac & cheese.
- Like it extra cheesy? Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend.
About 1 Cup Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 800mg; Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 6g); Protein 19g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 20%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 3 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Very Lean Meat, 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3.5