BBQ Chicken Cheesy Rice Bowls
This one’s for the BBQ lovers in your family. Start by making Annie’s™ White Cheddar Cheesy Rice, and stir in some corn and chicken. Divide into bowls, and top with Annie’s™ Organic BBQ Sauce, Annie’s™ Organic Cheddar Bunnies and sliced green onion. It’s fun and delicious for the kids and the adults!
- 1 box (6.6 oz) Annie’s™ White Cheddar Cheesy Rice
- Water and unsalted butter called for on box
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon Annie’s™ Organic Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Annie’s™ Organic Cheddar Bunnies
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to boiling over medium-high heat; stir in rice. Return to boiling; stir and cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 13 minutes. Stir in frozen corn. Cover; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in seasoning and chicken. Cover; let stand 3 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Divide into bowls; drizzle with BBQ sauce. Before serving, top with cheddar bunnies and green onion.
- Chopped deli rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe, but feel free to use any chopped, cooked chicken.
- Use your favorite variety of Annie’s™ BBQ sauce for this recipe.