Philly Cheesesteak Mac & Cheese
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
430 Calories per Serving
This skillet meal is an easy weeknight dinner winner! If you’re a fan of cheesesteaks, you’ll love the combination of classic Philly cheesesteak flavors with creamy, cheesy macaroni pasta. And our favorite part? Your Philly Cheesesteak Mac & Cheese is ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 boxes Annie's™ Organic Macaroni & Classic Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese blend
- 1 3/4 cups Annie's™ Organic Cheddar Bunnies Baked Crackers, if desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Add water and butter to beef mixture in skillet; heat to boiling over high heat. Add pasta (from both boxes) and steak seasoning; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir cheese packages (from both boxes) and milk into mixture in skillet; return to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese; cover and let stand 2 minutes. Top with crackers.
- Cover the pan after adding in the cheese to get the best melt.
- If desired, you can substitute shredded sharp cheddar cheese for the mozzarella and provolone blend.
- If preferred, you can use ground turkey, pork or plant-based blend instead of the beef in this Philly Cheesesteak Mac & Cheese recipe.
About 1 Cup Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 840mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 7g); Protein 22g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3