Annie's National Mac And Cheese Day Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND PARTICIPANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE CANCELED OR POSTPONED BY SPONSOR, IN FULL OR IN PART, AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING FOR REASONS DUE TO THE ONGOING PANDEMIC (E.G., CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19).
The Annie’s National Mac and Cheese Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 1 General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55426 and is administered by The Social Lights (“Administrator”), 729 N Washington Ave, Suite 600, Minneapolis, MN 55401.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00AM Central Time (“CT”) on July 14, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on July 14, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes official clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the date and time of entry. Any minor, as defined by his/her state of residence (which is eighteen  in most states but is nineteen  in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one  in Mississippi) (“Minor”), must have permission from his/her parent or legal guardian before entering the Sweepstakes. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, grandparent, child, sibling, grandchild and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, all lineal descendants, including those by adoption, regardless of where they reside) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited by law.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these “Official Rules” and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES:
Participation Requirements: To participate, you will need to have an Instagram account (a “Social Account”). Creating each Social Account is free but is subject to the applicable terms and conditions (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. If entering via a mobile device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
How to Receive an Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, Annie’s Homegrown (@Annieshomegrown) will post a call to action inviting individuals to enter the Sweepstakes (the “Post”) from their Instagram Account. To enter comment on the Post using the hashtag #AnniesSweepstakes AND follow the Annie’s Homegrown (@Annieshomegrown) Instagram page to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of 1 entry per person during the Sweepstakes.
Entry Limit: Regardless of method of entry, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day during the entire Sweepstakes Period. If more than one (1) entry per day is received from the same person and/or e-mail address, only the first entry received may be considered valid. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is the twenty-four (24) hour period between 12:00 AM ET and 11:59:59 PM ET, except on January 24, 2022 on which a “day” will be the period between 12:00:01 PM ET and 11:59:59 PM ET.
IMPORTANT FOR ENTRANTS USING A MOBILE DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES: Message and data rates may apply. Not all mobile telephone providers carry the service necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes. Entrants should consult their wireless providers’ pricing plans.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about July 15, 2022, the Administrator will randomly select ten (10) potential winners from all eligible entries received. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”), AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Prizes (10): Ten (10) winners will each get an Annie’s prize pack consisting of a variety of Annie’s products. The ARV of each Prize is $50.
B. Total ARV: The total ARV of all Prizes available in the Sweepstakes is $500.
C. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
D. General Conditions: There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person/household. In no event will more Prizes than specified herein be awarded. If, for any reason, more Prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of Prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of Prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims received. All legal responsibilities of a Minor under the Official Rules will be assumed by a parent or legal guardian (“Parent”), and Minor’s Prize will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the Minor. Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will not be awarded. No cash or other Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason. All Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and Prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide an identified school a Prize, the Sponsor may elect to provide the school with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a Prize for any reason. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a Prize, the Prize may not be re-awarded. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Unclaimed Prizes will be forfeited.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. After the random drawing, Administrator will notify the potential winners by direct messaging the winners through the Instagram account used to make the entry. Failure to provide all required information within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of a winner’s right to claim his/her Prize and may result in the Prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. If a potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a Prize, the respective Prize may be forfeited. If a Prize is forfeited, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a Prize, the Prize may not be re-awarded. Upon verification of eligibility, each Prize will be mailed to the winners at the physical address provided at the time of entry or Prize claim. Any portion of a Prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Each winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for his/her Prize won. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility. The Prizes will only be awarded to verified winners.
Sponsor will attempt to notify each potential winner as set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered direct messages in the Instagram platform, or undelivered e-mails, including e-mails or Instagram direct messages that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes e-mail or direct message, including any winner notification e-mail or direct message, to a spam or junk folder. Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will not be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no Prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a Prize for any reason.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computer or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner. Notice of such cancelation, termination, or modification of the Sweepstakes shall be posted at the Website. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (b) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZES, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN (WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAW PROVISIONS). IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: Each winner agrees to irrevocably allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide, including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
11. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any Prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winners List, Annie’s National Mac and Cheese Day Sweepstakes – The Social Lights, 729 N Washington Ave, Suite 600, Minneapolis, MN 55401
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram.
Customer Service inquiries may be made at Contact Us.
©2022 General Mills Sales, Inc. All rights reserved.