Shrimp & Nori Sushi Rice Bowl
Shrimp and sushi rice bowls because who says you can’t be mom and master chef?
- 10 ounce bag frozen organic shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp (tail shells removed)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 4 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup matchstick-cut cucumber
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 large sheet toasted nori, cut in matchsticks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup Annie’s Asian Sesame Vinaigrette
- In medium microwavable bowl, place frozen edamame and water. Cover and microwave 3 to 5 minutes or until steaming. Drain.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon sesame oil and the salt. Set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp in single layer; cook 1 to 2 minutes, without moving, until shrimp release easily from pan.
- Stir in soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce and ginger root.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Mixture will be saucy.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls.
- Top with shrimp and sauce, edamame, carrots, avocado and cucumber.
- Sprinkle with green onions, nori and cilantro.
- Serve with Annie’s Asian Sesame Vinaigrette.
For more recipes from Tablespoon, click here.