- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons SnickerDoodle Bunny Cookie crumbs*
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
*Blend SnickerDoodle Bunny Cookies in the food processor to make the crumbs.
Make your topping:
- In a medium bowl, mix together SnickerDoodle Bunny Cookie crumbs, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Using your fingers, mix the cold butter into the dry topping ingredients, until thoroughly mixed. It should look like loose damp brown sugar.
- Place mixture in freezer while you make the bread batter.
Make your crumb filling:
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and SnickerDoodle Bunny Cookie crumbs. Set aside.
Make your cake:
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, vanilla extract, and eggs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add about a 1/4 cup of the milk mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Alternate adding in the flour and remaining milk mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Pour about half the batter into the pan. Top with crumb filling. Pour remaining batter over that. Remove topping from freezer, spread over the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Click here for more recipes from The Merrythought.