The Reuben Sandwich: a classic staple sandwich recipe that couldn’t be made gluten free until now!
Did you know Rudi’s Gluten-Free makes an excellent line of sandwich breads? No GMOs, additives, preservatives or high-fructose corn syrup in their small-batch recipes.
The recipe uses our mighty-delicious Annie’s Homegrown Thousand Island Dressing, which is certified organic and gluten free.
Ingredients (Serves 6):
Gluten Free Reuben Sandwich ,
- Thinly slice green pepper and red onion and add them to a medium/large sauté pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Take 6 tablespoons of Thousand Island dressing and mix in 1/2 tablespoon of paprika and 1 tablespoon of horseradish.
- Towards the end of your onion and pepper sauté, reduce the heat and add garlic. Stir frequently to ensure that the garlic does not burn! After 10 minutes on low heat, remove sauté from heat.
- Build your Reuben by spreading horseradish paprika Thousand Island dressing mix on one slice of bread followed by Swiss cheese, pickles, sauerkraut, sautéed veggies, corned beef or turkey, and finally, the second slice of bread.
- Grill on medium heat to your preference and enjoy!