While we know our greatest environmental impact lies in our supply chain, we also believe it’s important to live “green” at our Headquarters in Berkeley, CA.
Our Berkeley office is LEED Gold and Bay Area Green Business certified. These two standards support our vision of a world where natural resources are not wasted, but rather regenerated and restored. We achieve these certifications through efforts like these:
- Central location – Our office location is centrally located and within walking distance to public transportation, restaurants, shops and more.
- Recycled furniture – 98% of the furniture in our office is recycled, preventing the harvest of new materials, avoiding landfill and reducing our environmental footprint.
- Energy efficient lighting – Occupancy sensors and optimized lighting practices reduce our lighting power by 42%.
- Water efficient fixtures – Low flow toilets, faucets, urinals, and showerheads, and water-saving dishwashers and other appliances reduce our annual water use by 35%.
- Energy efficient equipment – More than 70% of our appliances, and 100% of our computers, are Energy Star certified.
- Carbon mitigation – 100% of our carbon footprint is offset through our partner, Native Energy.
Energy and water
Consumption of energy from fossil fuels is the most significant contributor to climate change worldwide, so we aim to reduce our impact on the planet through our office energy management practices. We lower our electricity consumption by utilizing daylight and big ceiling fans, purchasing Energy STAR appliances, and maintaining our heating and cooling system. Similarly, we conserve water in our kitchens and bathrooms with our low flow toilets, faucets, urinals, and showerheads, and water-saving dishwashers and other appliances.