BERNIE'S BITES: SWEET 'N SPICY MEATBALLS
Serves: about 20
- 3- 12 oz bottles of Annie’s Sweet n’ Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 3 pounds meatballs, cooked (if using frozen cooked meatballs, warm them up first)
- 2 cups broth of your choosing or any ale type beer
- 3 tablespoons Annie’s Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion (white or yellow)
- 1 pound bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line two sheet pans that have edges (so grease doesn’t spill) with bacon keeping the slices at least ½ inch apart. Bake bacon at 400 F for 15-25 or until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels until cool. Slice into small chunks. * Bacon can be fried instead of baked.
- In a large crock pot add bacon, onions, broth or beer, Worcestershire Sauce, and BBQ Sauce. Mix together until blended.
- Add cooked meatballs and stir until fully coated. If using cooked meatballs that are frozen or cold then warm them up before adding to the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high until hot (between 30 minutes-1 hour depending on the strength of the crock pot) and then turn down to low. Stir occasionally to ensure even cooking. Simmer on low for at least an hour before eating.