BERNIE'S BITES - MAC & CHEESE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 1 box Annie’s Homegrown Deluxe Shells and Real Aged Cheddar Sauce
- 1 pound Ground Pork Breakfast Sausage (Turkey, Chicken or Vegetarian sausage is great too!)
- 7 oz (3/4 cup) Cooked Diced Green Chiles
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ¾ cup Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 12 Eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Butter for greasing
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 12 inch glass casserole dish with butter and set aside.
2) Prepare the Deluxe Shells and Real Aged Cheddar according to the directions on the box, but only cook for 6 minutes, and leave in the pan to cool for at least 5 minutes. While the pasta is cooling…
3) In a medium skillet; brown the sausage on medium high heat until cooked all the way through. Drain the grease and set aside to cool.
4) In a medium large bowl add the chiles, mushroom soup, milk, half of the cheddar cheese (3/4 cup), salt and pepper and whisk together. Break the eggs into the bowl and whisk to combine.
5) Add the Deluxe Shells and Real Aged Cheddar and sausage to the bowl and stir to combine.
6) Pour the egg mixture into the greased casserole dish. Evenly sprinkle over the top of the casserole the remaining cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove the foil. Bake an additional 30-40 minutes until the center doesn’t jiggle. Enjoy!