BERNIE'S BITES: AUTUMN POMEGRANATE SALAD
- 5 oz lettuce mix of your choosing (about 10 cups loosely packed)
- 1/2 small head of Radicchio
- 1 Endive
- 1 Orange
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shaved (Optional)
- 1/3 cup Annie’s Naturals Pomegranate Vinaigrette
1) Wash and dry the fruits and vegetables. Place lettuce in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2) Cut the Radicchio in half. Place one half cut side down on a cutting board and cut into medium thick strips and add to the bowl with the lettuce. Reserve the remaining half for another use.
3) Trim the ends off of the endive and discard. Cut into medium thick slices and add to the lettuce bowl.
4) Peel the Orange. Place on its side and slice into round segments. Remove any seeds. Cut the segments in quarters and add to the lettuce bowl.
5) Cut the Pomegranate in half. Tap the back of each half over a large bowl with a large spoon to get the seeds out. Be careful of splattering to avoid stains. Remove any white pulp that may have come out. Measure out 1/3 cup seeds and add to the lettuce bowl.
6) Optional- shave 1 ½ oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese with a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler and add to the bowl.
7) Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss with tongs until evenly coated with dressing. Do not dress the salad until right before serving otherwise the lettuce will get soggy.
8) Empty the salad onto a serving platter and serve. Enjoy!