YELLOW BELLY SHELLS
- 1 box Annie’s original Shells & White Cheddar or Shells & Aged Cheddar
- 1 lb. fresh yellow summer squash – enough to yield 1 cup purée (Crookneck, yellow zucchini, or pattypan are all good)
- Optional: pinch or two of fresh or dried thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. soft butter
- Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut up squash and cook in ¼ cup of water (stovetop or microwave) until soft, adding thyme if desired.
- Purée in blender until very smooth and put aside while cooking pasta.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions, drain, and return to pot.
- Add 1 cup squash purée and butter to pasta and stir until butter has melted.
- Mix sauce packet contents with milk as directed and add to pasta in pot.
- Stir over low heat until shells are well coated.
- Season to taste and serve.