WARM ASPARAGUS & WILD MUSHROOM SALAD
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus, cleaned and trimmed to uniform length
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms – shiitake, portabella, or brown mushrooms are best
- 4 slices Prosciutto ham, cut into thin crosswise strips
- ½ cup Reggiano Parmesan cheese, shaved with sharp knife or wide blade of box grater
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4-5 large cloves garlic, crushed with fork in coarse salt
- ½ cup Annie's Naturals Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook asparagus uncovered in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and shock with cold water to stop cooking. Drain again and put in serving dish.
2. Slice and sauté fresh mushrooms in 2-3 tbsp of Consorzio by Annie's Naturals Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
3. When mushrooms have begun to brown, lower heat and add crushed garlic to pan, stirring so garlic doesn’t burn
4. Add prosciutto, mixing in with mushrooms and garlic, and sauté very briefly.
5. Remove pan from heat. Add remaining Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix.
6. Spoon mixture over asparagus while still hot, either on serving platter or on individual plates.
7. Sprinkle shaved Parmesan across the top and serve immediately.