WALDORF SALAD NAPA STYLE
- 2 cups apples, coarsely chopped (Fuji or Granny Smith are best)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cups celery, chopped or finely sliced
- 1-2 cups cubed firm Fuyu persimmons*
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1½ cups non-fat yogurt
- ½-1 cup Annie’s Naturals Lemon & Chive Dressing
1. Toss chopped apples in lemon juice to keep from discoloring.
2. Add persimmons, walnuts, and raisins.
3. Add Annie’s Naturals Lemon & Chive Dressing to celery.
4. Combine all ingredients together with yogurt, tossing to coat well with yogurt.
5. Chill and serve.
*Note: these are the small persimmons that are ripe when still firm; they give a wonderful accent of color and flavor to this salad. If not available, firm pears or seedless grapes may be substituted.