VALERIAN’S ROASTED GAZPACHO SOUP
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 Tbs Annie's Tuscany Italian Dressing
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Salt,Pepper
- ½ a small cucumber
- Fresh mozzarella
Makes 2 bowls or 4 cups of soup
1. Cut off the base of the garlic.
2. Put the vegetables and the garlic into a roasting pan and broil on high heat (450°) turning the pepper and tomatoes every 5 minutes. The skin will begin to blacken.
3. When the tomatoes are soft, remove them from the roasting pan and remove and discard their skins.
4. When bell pepper is charred on all sides, remove the pan from the oven. Cover the pepper with a paper towel and let it sit for 2 minutes.
5. While the pepper is cooling, peel the garlic.
6. Slip the skin off the pepper and discard; roughly chop the flesh.
7. Core the tomatoes and put the tomatoes, pepper and garlic into a food processor (you could also use an immersion blender).
8. Process them for 30 seconds; the mixture will still be a little chunky.
9. Add the salt, pepper, Annie's Tuscan Italian dressing, and olive oil.
10. Process for 30 more seconds or until smooth.
11. Cover and refrigerate the soup for at least 2 hours.
12. For serving, add diced cucumber and mozzarella for a more substantial soup.