SUPREME PIZZA PASTA BAKE
- 2 boxes Annie's Shells and Real Aged Cheddar
- 1 lb. All-Natural Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 large organic green bell pepper, diced (approx. 1 1/2 c.)
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 2 c. organic Marinara sauce
- 1/3 c. organic skim milk
- 2 c. natural low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown sausage in skillet.
3. Boil pasta as directed. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 c. pasta water.
4. Mix 2 Annie's aged cheddar cheese powder packets with 1/3 c. milk; stir sauce into browned sausage.
5. Mix pasta, pasta water, 3/4 c. mozzarella cheese, and pasta sauce, then add sausage/cheddar sauce mixture to pasta.
6. Spread in an 8x11 inch pan. Top with peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown slightly
8. Remove from oven, top with remaining 1 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese, place back in oven. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Remove from oven, let cool 10 minutes, and serve.
Makes 8 servings. Enjoy! :)