BERNIE'S BITES - SPRING LEMON ASPARAGUS
Serves 4. Vinegar & dairy-free, naturally gluten-free.
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Annie’s Naturals Lemon Chive Dressing
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Salt and pepper to Taste
- 5 oz spring lettuce rinsed and drained (about 10 cups loosely packed)
- Additional ¼ cup dressing
1) Preheat oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
2) Wash and trim asparagus. Lay out the asparagus in the prepared sheet pan.
3) Drizzle ¼ cup dressing over the asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat evenly. Roast the asparagus between 10-13 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges. After pulling the asparagus out, immediately drizzle an additional 1 tablespoon of dressing over the asparagus and let it cool to room temperature.
IF serving as a SIDE DISH then sprinkle almonds over the asparagus and serve.
IF serving as a SALAD then place the cleaned lettuce in a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle an additional ¼ cup dressing over the greens and toss with tongs until all of the lettuce is evenly coated with dressing. Empty the greens onto a serving platter.
Evenly lay the asparagus on top of the greens and sprinkle the almonds on top. Enjoy!