SHIITAKE-SESAME WILD RICE SALAD
- 1 cup wild rice
- ½ cup Basmati Rice
- ½-1 cup dried sliced shiitake mushrooms, soaked, drained and chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 or 4 scallions, sliced thin (including greens)
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup pecans
- ¾-1 cup Annie’s Naturals Shiitake & Sesame Vinaigrette
- Optional: 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook wild rice and Fantastic Foods Basmati Rice together according to instructions, adding shiitake mushrooms 15 minutes before rice is fully cooked. Drain in sieve if necessary; spread on large plate or shallow bowl and cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Spread pecans on sheet pan and bake in preheated 350° oven for 10 minutes or until fragrant. Cool and chop coarsely.
3. Combine rice with other ingredients.
4. Mix well with Annie's Naturals Shiitake & Sesame Vinaigrette. Season to taste.
5. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top if desired.
4. Serve cool or at room temperature.
Note: May be refrigerated overnight – tastes excellent if made a day ahead.
Yield: 6-8 servings