SHIITAKE & SESAME SHRIMP SALAD
1 lb. large shrimp
1 cup English (hothouse) cucumber, seeded and cut in julienne
1 cup celery, sliced thin
½ cup sweet red peppers, seeded and cut in julienne
3-4 scallions, sliced thin
1-2 tbsp. lightly toasted sesame seeds
Annie’s Naturals Shiitake & Sesame Vinaigrette or Annie's Naturals Organic Shiitake & Sesame Vinaigrette
Optional: 2 tbsp. slivered daikon radish
1. Bring 2 quarts salted water to a boil. Add shrimp and return to a boil for approximately 2 minutes.
2. Drain immediately under cold running water to stop cooking. Drain again.
3. When cool, peel and de-vein shrimp; set aside.
4. Prepare cucumber: peel, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with teaspoon, discarding seeds.
5. Combine all ingredients with Annie's Naturals Shiitake & Sesame Vinaigrette. Toss and chill.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds, and optional daikon radish for extra zest.
7. Serve on mix of Asian greens or watercress.
Yield: 4 servings