SHIITAKE CHICKEN SALAD
- 1½ lb. chicken breast meat, boneless/skinless
- Chicken broth or water for poaching
- ¼ lb. fresh shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, stems trimmed, and sliced (or approximately ½ cup dried shiitake, soaked, drained and sliced)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, cut in fine julienne
- 4 scallions with greens, sliced thin
- 1 cup frozen edamame beans
- 1 4-oz can water chestnuts, drained and sliced in half-moons
- 1 8-oz. bottle Annie’s Naturals Shiitake & Sesame Vinaigrette
1. Place chicken breasts in pan with just enough water or chicken broth to cover. Bring to boiling point, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook, covered, over low heat for about 15-20 minutes. (Exact cooking time will depend on size of chicken pieces; they’re done when juices run clear.)
2. Remove from chicken from poaching liquid. Let cool; then cut into ½ inch pieces.
3. Boil edamame beans in poaching liquid for about 3 minutes; drain and let cool.
4. Heat toasted sesame oil in skillet over medium heat; add shiitake mushrooms and sauté briefly.
5. When cool, combine all ingredients with Annie's Naturals Shiitake & Sesame Vinaigrette. Chill.
6. Serve on bed of mixed Asian greens or watercress.
Yield: 6 servings