POACHED PEARS WITH CINNAMON SPICED WHIPPED CREAM
- 3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. apple juice
- 1 cup Annie's Naturals Fat Free Mango Vinaigrette
- 1-1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe pears, peeled, halved and cored (leave stems on for presentation)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 sprigs of mint, for garnish
1. Bring brown sugar and apple juice to a boil in a sauce pan. Stir until sugar dissolves
2. Remove from heat and add Annie's Naturals Fat Free Mango Vinaigrette, 1 tsp. cinnamon and pepper. Stir well.
3. Add pear and poach until tender. Drain pears and reserve cooking liquid.
4. Bring cooking liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced by about 1/4 to a light syrup consistency.
5. When ready to serve, whip cream until it begins to fluff up. Add powdered sugar by small spoonfuls.
6. When cream forms soft peaks, fold in remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.
7. Divide pears and cooking syrup among four plates and top with cinnamon spiced whipped cream. Garnish with a sprig of mint, serve, and enjoy!