PARMESAN POLENTA WEDGES WITH BASIL OIL
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream (may substitute milk or, for a traditional style, substitute water)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1/4 cup freshly grated fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Annie's Naturals Basil Oil
1. Combine the chicken stock and cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
2. Whisk in the polenta and semolina and cook over very low heat, whisking regularly, until the grains are soft, about 8 minutes.
3. Whisk in the cheeses, pour into a parchment-lined 9"x13" baking sheet and spread into an even 1/2" thick layer.
4. Let cool, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
5. Cut into wedges. Brush with the basil oil and grill until well browned. Serve immediately and enjoy!