PAPAYA COUSCOUS SALAD
- 1 cup Organic Couscous, whole wheat or white
- ¼ cup currants
- 1 cup fresh papaya or mango (or ¼ cup dried), cut in ½ inch dice
- ¼ cup dried unsulphured apricots, chopped in small dice
- ¼-½ cup sliced almonds
- 4 whole scallions, sliced very thin
- 1 cup seedless English cucumber, slivered or coarse-grated on box grater
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 8-oz bottle Annie’s Naturals Organic Papaya Poppy Seed Dressing
- ¼ tsp. crushed chili peppers
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Steam Couscous according to package directions, and mix together
with fruits and cinnamon stick while still hot.
2. Stir with fork or whisk to break up any lumps.
3. Add Annie's Naturals Organic Papaya Poppy Seed Dressing, scallions, cucumber, mint, and seasonings.
4. Mix together well and fluff up.
5. Refrigerate at least an hour, then add sliced almonds. Season to taste.
6. Serve cool or at room temperature.
We recommend using organic ingredients whenever possible.
This makes a great summer salad or side dish – any time of year!
Yield: 6 servings