PANCETTA RISOTTO IN ACORN SQUASH CUPS
- 3 acorn squash, cut lengthwise in half and seeded
- 1-1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 5-6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. Annie's Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2oz. pancetta (1/3 cup), cut into small cubes
- 1 lb. Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Lay squash, cut side up, on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt.
3. Cover with foil and bake until squash are soft and completely cooked through; about 45 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently. Heat oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
5. Add onion and pancetta and sauté until onion softens and the pancetta begins to brown. Add rice and stir until rice is coated with oil and translucent, about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in a ladel full of broth and remaining salt. The broth will evaporate quickly. Add more broth and continue to do so as it evaporates, keeping rice moist and stirring all the while.
7. Remove from heat and add Parmigiano and butter
8. Fill reserved acorn squash halves with risotto and either serve immediately or return to oven with additional cheese on top to bake for 6 minutes.
9. Garnish each half with fresh rosemary sprigs before serving. Enjoy!