MEYER LEMON ASIAGO RISOTTO
- 2 meyer lemons, zest removed and juiced (about 1/8 cup)
- 4 Tbsp. Annie's Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 4 Tbsp. Italian parsley, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Using a vegetable peeler, carefully remove the zest from the lemons avoiding the white pith. Thinly slice into long slender ribbons, Remove any seeds and squeeze the juice from the lemons. Set aside.
2. In a sauté pan, heat the Annie's Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the rice and sauté for several minutes to lightly brown.
3. Add the wine and cook down for several minutes at a low temperature. Remove from heat.
4. Add the rice to a microwave safe casserole with lid. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice. Cover.
5. In the microwave, cook the mixture on high for 6 minutes. Reduce heat and continue to cook on medium for 8 - 10 minutes.
6. Check the rice for remaining liquid. When the liquid is almost completely absorbed, add the lemon zest, parsley and asiago cheese. Stir to combine.
7. Continue to cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!