ITALIAN ELBOWS WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE, ONIONS AND PEPPERS
- 1 pkg. Annie’s Creamy Deluxe Elbows & Four-Cheese Sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into strips
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. BOIL 6 c. water in large saucepan over high heat. Add elbows; cook 8-10 minutes or until tender.
2. MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, peppers, and onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is brown and vegetables are tender.
3. DRAIN pasta; return to saucepan. Stir in cheese sauce and sausage mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if using; serve.