GNOCCHI WITH RED PEPPER-BROWN BUTTER
- 1 lb. gnocchi, dried or fresh
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 12 large basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Annie's Roasted Pepper Oil
- 2 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen baby peas, blanched if fresh
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cover. If the gnocchi are fresh, uncover when water comes to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. If dried, follow package directions.
2. While gnocchi are cooking, melt the butter in a large, deep skillet. Add the basil and parsley.
3. Cook over moderate heat until the basil and parsley are crisp and the butter has turned brown (about 3 minutes).
4. Add the gnocchi, Annie's Roasted Pepper Oil and lemon zest and toss well.
5. Add the peas, tomatoes and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, tossing until heated through (about 2 minutes).
6. Add the parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Transfer the gnocchi to bowls and serve.