FUNNY VALENTINE PASTA
- 1 box Annie's Shells & White Cheddar
- 1-2 small beets, cooked or canned, enough to yield ½ to 1 cup grated
- Optional: ½ cup crumbled sweet Gorgonzola or other mild blue cheese
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- First prepare beets by wrapping in foil and cooking in 400° oven until fork tender. Allow to cool, then peel and grate finely on cheese grater. You may also use canned beets.
- Cook up one 6 oz. box of Annie’s Shell’s and White Cheddar according to package directions, including the 2 tbsp. butter at end.
- Stir in the grated beets, and blue cheese if desired; heat over low flame, stirring, until hot and well-blended.
- Season to taste and serve.
Note: If you use ½ cup of beets, the resulting pasta will be Shocking Pink! If you use a larger amount, you will have a more intense shade -
and you can call it Is My Face RED (or Harold’s Purple Crayon Pasta!) -
either way it works fine and tastes great, with or without the added Gorgonzola.