FRESH TUNA AND CANELLINI BEAN SALAD
3/4 lb. fresh tuna, sliced 1" thick
4 Tbsp. Consorzio Basil Oil
1 Tbsp. Consorzio Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion
3 tender celery stalks
Salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1-1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 head red leaf lettuce (optional)
1 tomato, sliced (optional)
1. Cook the tuna in a sauté pan in 1/4 cup salted water over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until cooked.
2. Remove the tuna from the pan, drizzle with Consorzio Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and let cool.
3. Peel the red bell pepper with a vegetable peeler and cut into thin slices. Thinly slice the onion. Cut the celery stalk crosswise and coarsely chop the leaves.
4. Break up the tuna into chunks, adding salt and pepper to taste. Place in a shallow salad bowl along with the red bell pepper, onion, celery and canellini beans.
5. Add the Consorzio Basil Oil, vinegar, and more freshly ground pepper to taste. Gently toss.
6. Add the basil leaves and toss again. If making the dish in advance, do not add the basil until immediately before you serve the salad.
*For variation, serve on top of a bed of red leaf lettuce and garnish with sliced tomatoes and croutons.