FAMOUS ROASTED GARLIC TURKEY
- 1 10-12 lb. turkey, fresh preferred if available
- 1 cup or more Annie's Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1. Day before: Gently loosen skin from the breast and thighs. Rub several tablespoons of Annie's Roasted Garlic Flavored Olive Oil into flesh under skin.
2. Season turkey inside and out with salt and pepper and 1/2 cup Annie's Roasted Garlic Flavored Olive Oil. Refrigerate bird overnight.
3. To roast: Preheat oven to 450°F. Oil rack and place turkey, breast side down, on rack in large roasting pan.
4. Season with salt and pepper, and roast about 20 minutes.
3. Turn turkey, breast side up, and baste with 1/2 cup Annie's Roasted Garlic Flavored Olive Oil. Lower oven temperature to 325°F. Return turkey to oven and continue to cook, basting with the oil every 15 minutes until done.
4. Let cool, serve and enjoy!