EXTRA-CREAMY CALI SHELLS
- 1 box Annie’s Organic Shells & White Cheddar
- 1 small head fresh organic cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup 1% milk
- Cut up cauliflower into flowerets and steam until tender.
- Drain and purée in blender until very smooth, adding a little cooking broth if needed.
- Cook shells according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Add 1 cup of cauliflower purée* and 2 tbsp. butter to shells, stirring together over low heat until butter has melted. Remove from heat.
- Whisk contents of cheese pouch together with ½ cup milk until blended.
- Fold cheese sauce into pasta in pot, mixing well, and serve.
*Extra purée may be refrigerated or frozen for future use.