BERNIE'S BITES- THE "MACA-RITO"
- 1 box Annie’s Homegrown Deluxe Macaroni Dinner of your choice*
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 16 slices of deli meat of your choice (turkey, ham, salami, etc.)*
- 8 tortillas (any flavor)
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil (OPTIONAL)
1. Prepare the Deluxe Macaroni Dinner according to the directions on the box except add the peas to the pot when the pasta has 4 minutes remaining of cooking time.
2. Drain the peas and pasta together and add back to the saucepan. Add the cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Place 1 tortilla down in front of you on a plate or cutting board.
4. Layer two slices of meat on the lower 2/3 portion of the tortilla closest to you.
Scoop 1/3 cup of the Deluxe mixture on top of the meat towards the end of the tortilla near you.
5. Fold the left side of the tortilla over the mixture and then fold the right side of the tortilla over the left side.
6. Fold the end of the tortilla closest to you over the mixture, keeping it tight, and continue to fold over away from you until you have a finished wrap. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Enjoy!
Optional serving suggestion: Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet. Add two Maca-ritos and cook on medium heat on both sides until brown (about 45 seconds each side). Remove Maca-ritos from the pan and cut diagonally to serve. Repeat with remaining Maca-ritos.
Get Creative! Not a pea fan? Try another diced vegetable or sautéed spinach! Instead of deli meat try adding to the Deluxe mixture chopped up cooked sausage or cooked chicken. Try using different flavors of tortillas!