BERNIE'S BITES- SPRING GRAPEFRUIT POPPY SEED SALAD
- 5 oz spring lettuce mix or arugula, rinsed and drained (about 10 cups loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup Annie’s Naturals Lite Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 large Grapefruit
- 1 Avocado
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shelled, toasted pumpkin seeds (A.K.A. pepitas)
1. Peel the Grapefruit. Place on its side and slice into round segments. Remove any seeds. Cut the segments in half (they should resemble half-moons) and set aside.
2. Peel the avocado. Cut in half and remove the pit. Cut each half into medium sized wedges. Add the avocado with the grapefruit slices and toss (the acid will prevent the avocado from getting brown).
3. Place the cleaned lettuce in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle 1/2 of the dressing over the greens and toss with tongs until all of the lettuce is evenly coated with dressing.
4. Empty the greens onto a serving platter. Evenly lay the grapefruit and avocado segments on top of the greens (don’t clump in one portion of the platter).
5. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top of the segments.
6. Sprinkle the cheese and nuts over the top of the salad and serve. Enjoy!
Watch this recipe's video on YouTube.