BERNIE'S BITES: PUMPKIN SAGE PEACE PASTA
- 1 box Annie’s Homegrown Peace Pasta & Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh Sage
- ¾ cup of canned 100% Pure Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup Lowfat Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan Cheese (OPTIONAL)
1. Boil the pasta according to the directions on the box and drain.
2. Leave the pasta in the colander to drain and return the saucepan to the stove.
3. Add the butter and cook on high heat until the butter is brown (about 1 minute).
4. Turn the heat to low. Be careful of splattering; stir in the sage and cook for 15 seconds. Turn off the heat.
5. Add in the pumpkin, milk, and cheese packet. Whisk to combine.
6. Add the pasta back to the pan and stir well to evenly coat with sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan Cheese and additional chopped sage if desired. Enjoy!