BERNIE'S BITES- ORGANIC BUTTERMILK COLESLAW
- 1 8 FL oz bottle Annie’s Naturals Organic Buttermilk dressing
- ¼ cup Annie’s Naturals Organic Horseradish Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Apple Cider Vinegar or juice from ½ Organic Lemon
- ½ Teaspoon Organic Celery Seed
- 6 Cups Organic Green Cabbage (about ½ small head), washed and thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Organic Red Cabbage (about ¼ small head), washed and thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Organic Carrot (about ½ carrot), washed, peeled and grated
- 1 small bunch Organic Green Onion or Scallions, washed and sliced- green tops only
- Salt and Organic Pepper to taste
1. Whisk together the first four ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Wash the cabbages and remove outer leaves. Remove core and slice into quarters.
3. Slice 2 quarters green cabbage and 1 quarter red cabbage thinly and add to the bowl. Reserve remaining cabbage for another use.
4. Wash and slice the green parts of the scallions and add to the bowl.
5. Wash and peel the carrot and grate to shreds. Add to the bowl.
6. Toss the dressing evenly with the slaw mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill covered at least 30 minutes before eating. This can be made the night before serving. Enjoy!
Servings: about 10
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes