BERNIE'S BITES: GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN “SNAP” PARFAIT
- 1 ½ Cups Annie’s Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies
- 1-15 oz can Pumpkin Puree (1 ½ cups)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar plus 1 Teaspoon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Clove
- 2 Cups Vanilla Pudding
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1) Seal cookies in a resealable plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to roll over the bag enough to roughly crush the cookies into pea sized pieces. Set aside.
2) Whisk pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar and spices until combined. Whisk in vanilla pudding until blended. Set aside.
3) Whisk 1 cup cream with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract until soft peaks form. The cream peaks should fold over once the whisk is removed. Do not overmix. Place the cream into a pastry bag. You can convert a plastic resealable bag into a pastry bag by forcing the cream to one corner of the bag and cutting off the tip.
4) Get 6-8 oz glasses and place 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture, 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed cookies, and pipe 2 tablespoons whipped cream into each glass and then repeat. Sprinkle the top of the parfaits with a light dusting of cinnamon and/or and additional sprinkle of crushed cookies. Chill at least an hour before serving. Can be made up to 24 hours before serving. Enjoy!