BERNIE'S BITES: GARLIC HERB ROAST VEGETABLES
- 1 pound russet potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- ½ medium red onion
- 3 tablespoons Annie’s Naturals Garlic Oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh, cleaned rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh, cleaned thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash and dry potatoes. Slice into 1 inch chunks and place in a large bowl.
2) Remove any outer brown leaves on the brussels sprouts. Wash and dry sprouts and cut in half. Add to the bowl with the potatoes.
3) Slice red onion into 1 inch chunks and add to the bowl with the other vegetables.
4) Drizzle vegetables with Annie’s Naturals Garlic Oil, herbs, salt, and pepper.
5) Toss to evenly coat the vegetables with oil mixture and then spread evenly on a large sheet pan. Make sure the vegetables are spread out evenly so heat can circulate around them.
6) Place in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender and brown. Toss halfway through cooking.
7) Transfer vegetables to a serving dish and enjoy! Optional- Toss in a little more garlic oil after the vegetables have been pulled out of the oven.
Try this recipe with a variety of fall vegetables such as squash, turnips, or parsnips!