BEET & ENDIVE SALAD
- 2 lbs beets, roasted in foil,* cooled, and peeled
- 2 Belgian endives
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup walnuts, broken in pieces
- 1 8-oz bottle Annie’s Naturals Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette
1. Cut cooked beets into 1/2” dice or sticks.
2. Pour Annie’s Naturals Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette over beets, and toss to blend thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to marinate.
3. Toast walnuts briefly in 300° oven until fragrant but not brown.
4. Just before serving, prepare endive by trimming off base; pull off outer leaves and arrange like petals around inside of serving dish. Slice inner part into rings.
5. Spoon marinated beets into center of dish, taking care that they don’t bleed all over the endive.
6. Sprinkle endive rings over beets; then crumble gorgonzola on top.
7. Top with walnuts and serve.
*Note: Cooking beets this way retains all the flavor and nutrients that may be lost in boiling. Wash beets, then wrap individually in aluminum foil and bake in 400° oven until just tender when pierced with a knife. Unwrap and cool before peeling.