BAKED CHEVRE SALAD
- 1 3-oz round chèvre (goat cheese)
- ¼ lb.Mesclun (Spring Mix) pre-washed salad greens or arugula, or combination
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp. fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup fine dried bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Niçoise olives, pitted
- Annie’s Naturals Balsamic Vinaigrette
1. A day ahead, marinate the chèvre in olive oil, chopped thyme sprigs, and pepper. If cheese is thick, cut into 2 disks before marinating.
2. Just before ready to serve, preheat oven to 400°.
3. Roll marinated chèvre in bread crumbs, dusting of excess. Place on small oiled baking dish, and bake for 6-10 minutes, depending on thickness of cheese, until chèvre is beginning to bubble and turn golden brown.
4. Arrange salad greens in bowl or individual plates and place warm chèvre in center. Scatter olives on salad, drizzle Annie’s Naturals Balsamic Vinaigrette over all, and serve immediately.