BACON CHEESEBURGER STOVETOP CASSEROLE
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into strips
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pkg. Deluxe Shells & Real Aged Cheddar
- 2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
1. BROWN bacon in large skillet over medium heat; use slotted spoon to transfer to plate. Drain fat (if using turkey, drain all but 2 Tbsp.).
2. ADD meat and onion to skillet. Increase heat to high; cook until browned. Add 2 c. water; bring to boil. Add shells; reduce to simmer. Cover; cook 10 min., stirring occasionally, until shells are tender.
3. STIR in cheese sauce, 3/4 of bacon, and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with Cheddar, if using, and remaining bacon; serve.
GARNISH with Annie’s Thousand Island Dressing.