Makes 6 servings
Recipe by Amelia Winslow of Eating Made Easy
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 large apple, diced
Juice of ½ an orange (squeeze onto the apple to prevent from turning brown)
2 Persian cucumbers (or ½ an English, or 1 regular cucumber) – seeded and diced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
Handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
Handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
½ cup Annie’s Naturals Lite Raspberry dressing
Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the dressing in a large bowl.
- Gently stir so that ingredients are well mixed, then drizzle the raspberry dressing over the salad and stir again.
- Add more dressing if the salad feels too dry.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Quinoa Raspberry Salad,
- Cook quinoa in broth, or add some salt to the water for more flavor
- If you want more of an orange flavor, mix the zest of ½ an orange into the dressing before adding to the salad
- After chopping the apple, place the pieces in a bowl with the orange juice and toss to coat, so the apple doesn’t turn brown